Meet the Maker

Members of the Textilia 3 Group share the places that inspire their Lightbulb Moments

In the sauna! I think it is the ideal place for me to free my mind and just relax.  Maggie 

For me it is usually first thing in the morning, often that moment when I am just waking up, if I don’t have to leap out of bed to an alarm but can allow my dreaming spirit to settle back in my body, bringing an image with it.   Jo

I only have to see a broken fence or a beautiful window or dead flower & it happens. I get excited as my thoughts wander, I take photographs, make drawings, make copious notes & gather fabrics, then I'm off....  Julie

If it is for a site-specific piece, then a trip to the site and a careful study with sketches or photos usually gives me things to think about and work on. I find it works best when I go with no preconceived ideas. That is when I get the most creative ideas.  Catherine S

When I am in my own space: in the night although the idea is often ridiculous in the morning! or driving down a country lane.  Anne

Two days ago a whole bank of wild primroses; soft, muted, delicate yellows on a grey morning.
So perfect!  Catherine W

I often think of things when I’m dog walking - I think it’s that enforced break from whatever I’m doing and being inspired by the small differences in familiar places, the changing light, the changing seasons. Gemma

I have those light-bulb moments in the middle of the night but also when you read or see something that 'speaks' to you.  Sue

Walking my dog on the Pennine hills or more irritatingly, just as I am about to go to bed, and then I can't sleepClaire

Comments

Popular Posts