Desert Island Questions


In another of our Meet the Maker series, I posed the question ‘what is your go-to tool or material? What could you not live without?’


Wool tops for felting, as this is how I started. Although I’ve not used a lot recently, it is something I still feel very comfortable with and yet still has lots of opportunities for experimentation.  And I could not live without a decent pair of scissors!  Gemma

Sketch book / to do list   Anne

It has to be my collection of threads, sometimes I see a bobbin of thread or a skein of gorgeous yarn and I just have to buy it without thinking I need this for.... Sometimes people give me left overs, cast offs and threads bequeathed to them so my collection is a constant source of inspiration and readily at hand. I think I wouldn't always start a new piece if I had to source everything.  Maggie

That’s easy! My needle case. Stitch forms the rhythm of my days; carries me through the evenings; sometimes just mending, sometimes creating. And the needle case contains a needle for everything ... blunt for linen, small and sharp for silk, long and even for books, hair fine for beads, short for quilting, curved for Coptic stitch, large eyed and rounded for knitted...... Jo

Pencil & notebook, I don't go anywhere without them!  Julie

A needle.    Jan

Linen – I love the feel of the fabric.  I use scraps for sampling and I have a long piece that I take on holiday to create a stitch diary each year.    Claire


Comments

Popular Posts